Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sparkling Snapea Crisps

Janelle - #2

Confetti is lining the crooks of the sidewalks
Some people are dressed up, some ain't wearin' no socks
I'm sittin' here sipping some cran-apple concentrate
Wishing I had just one reason to celebrate

Feathers and fireworks fill up the sky
What I mean is I think someone just killed a bird
A billow of smoke rises gentle and high
the streets are now silent, no one dare says a word

"Whoop-dee-doo!" shouts the drunkard, as he trips on a fence
His bottle of beer rolls around in the dirt
We're all now making jokes at his sorry expense,
Jokes about how he's not wearing a shirt.

I shrug my ol' shoulders and shuffle on home
Crunching leaves under my thrift-store-bought shoes
The fingernail moon guides this path that I roam
And I wander away, softly singing the blues.

No comments:

Post a Comment